Roommate Chronicles…


I guess after living on your own for a while you get used to doing things your own way. It takes a lot of adjusting to get used to doing things a different way.

Growing up in a small house with 12 people and one bathroom will change the way you picture shared space. After leaving that environment and living on my own as an adult there are something's that I like to have according to my own way. Unfortunately when you have a roommate that doesn't always seem to work.

My current situation is fascinating. I have a great roommate who loves to sleep on my couch.  I cant for the life of my understand it . She has  room with a bed but she refuses to use it. Initially when she moved in and everything started i figured that it would be ok. She just felt comfortable there and this is ok.  Now, 3 months in, this whole common area take over thing is driving me kind of crazy. Its been months since I have been able to enjoy a quiet Saturday morning with a cup of tea in my living room because she is sleeping on my couch.  This means that if i want to open my windows to get catch a beautiful weekend sunny morning i cant because she is turned my living room into her personal bat cave. Not to mention how I will have to toss the couch out when she moves out.

I suppose the most normal question is “why don't you discuss the whole, ‘just because its called a living room doesn't mean you actually LIVE in it.’?”  Well, its simple really. She has expressed why she does what she does. And, I am hoping that this will be over soon. Until then…I suppose i will just enjoy the beauty of the weekend mornings from my comfy bed. :-/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by SeauxDemure