The Great Fast of 2012


Earlier this year, actually at the very beginning, I started this one year fast. Now, I know what your thinking, "Who dose she think she is? Moses? Some sort of Super Christian?" The answer to those questions are:
Not sure yet, Absolutely not, and Does this come with a cape or utility bealt?



In my quest for affection and acceptance I decided to clear my palate so to speak. I decided to give up the things that I felt got in the way of me hearing clearly from God and being able to freely flow and move with the Holy Spirit. I wanted to submerge my self in Jesus until I became a little wrinkly Christ prune and soaked in grace. I wanted to feel that truth of being Gods beloved. I wanted it to be the truest truth to me. I didn't want to just know it or believe it but I wanted it to be just as real and deep as He says it is.


So what did I do? First, I shut down the TV. No cable, no movies, no Saturday morning cartoon (this alone just added a few bricks to my heavenly palace). Second, no secular music. This is probably the hardest for me. I luv me some music, of all kinds. But I realized that I used music as my escape. I would take a drive put on some tunes and next thing I know im at the Canadian boarder, eh. When the day was rough I would drown my sorrows in a shot of Maroon 5 and chase that down with some Cold Play and follow that with a shaken but not stirred mix of Adele, Corrine Baily Rae, One Rebulic, Dave Matthews Band and a little garnish of Boys to Men. I was an aholic...music-aholic. The other thing, and last thing, that I gave up was meat. And honestly, I thought this would be the worst part, but it's totally not. The pure joy I get from the look of fright on the faces of some of my Christian friends that get light headed just from the thought of this gives me the strength to carry on. And no, I am not a vegetarian. I am thoroughly convienced that when the heavens created the amazing delight that is fried chicken, Jesus totally had me in mind. So for those of you that have had the experience of consuming that deliciousness, and wondered..."My Lord, for why come you hath created such goodness?" I would like to say, it was me...and you're welcome.

I'm at the end of the 4th month, and I have to say its been good. The things that you can see the Lord doing when you clear away the stuff obstructing your vision is awesome. It's like the first bit of food after you have brushed your teeth and waited the 30 minuets to make sure that all the toothpaste and mouthwash has finished working. I totally rinsed myself with God-wash, brushed with Jesus-paste and let the Holy Spirit do the work of cleaning out that old bacteria residue and then I took my first bite of the fruit from the tree of life and it was good! Now, don't get me wrong, I have had to eat some vegetables too. Some of the not so tasty ones that are full of those nessecary spiritual vitamins, that for some strange reason can't be found in ANY OTHER SOURCE!

I'm like, "Seriously though God, you couldn't have put this in anything else? ANYTHING? Not a pear, or even a carrot, but it had to be a brussel sprout?"

Then he looks at me and says, "Well, I gave you some salt."

*Pause*

I see what you did there Sir. Well played My King, well played.


So, at the end of this I will either be something like a Moses, parting the red Sea of 395 leading my people to the promised land of Eastern Market or some other sweet land, filled with milk and honey and fried chicken, or you will find me stretched out on a sidewalk somewhere foaming from the mouth with a bucket of KFC and an iPod playing Now That's What I Call Music's greatest hits from the 90's.



Feasting on the goodness of His brussel sprouts,
The girl He called Rahael

2 comments:

Design by SeauxDemure